Pages

.

Marriage ~ Forbearing One Another in Love

The Bible Lesson, or Anne and Tobias by Gerrit Dou

His eyes have wrinkles now but they are more beautiful to me than the day when we first met. They see more, perceive more and are more attentive to what is around him. They see the days I am tired and out of sorts. They see the moments when I need that special embrace. Yes, they are more attractive than ever before… I love his wrinkled eyes.

His hands are worn and rough now. The young and soft skin has worn away because of the years of hard work providing for our family. They are always busy repairing and bringing comfort into our home. They are constantly serving, helping and loving in their own masculine way... I love his wrinkled, rough, calloused hands.

But if I had surrendered our marriage in those first few years of frustration… If I had walked away when we were both young and passionately opinionated… If I had given up on that stubborn nature or his on mine…

Then I wouldn't have been able to see the man that God has made him into today.


"...With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering,
forbearing one another in love;
Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace..."

~ Ephesians 4:2-3



Though the verses above aren't specifically referring to marriage, I find they are key verses to preserving one.


You may also be interested in reading, Homecoming for Husbands.

This post may be shared with some or all of the following link-ups: Modest Mom Monday'sTeach Me TuesdayDomestically Divine TuesdayRaising HomemakersWise Woman Link UpFrugal Days, Sustainable WaysSimple Living Wednesdays and Deep Roots at Home. Thank you lovely ladies for hosting these.

No comments:

Post a Comment