Pages

.

old fashion coconut cake



On of my favourite ever. Old fashioned and lovely. Simple and delicious. I've done it so many times and always enjoy eating it. When I did it last Sunday I remembered my folks not been so excited over this cake but when they tasted it, it changed quickly. The cake almost vanished before I even could taste it and I hadn't chance to enjoying it as I had imagined. But at least I know now that they love it too.

–coconut cake–

4 eggwhites
200 g sugar
200 g coconut

frosting:
4 eggyolks
60 g icing sugar
50 g soft butter
100 g melted chocolate

Preheat the oven to 150 degrees. Whisk together the eggwhites until soft peaks form. Add the sugar in batches and stir until smooth, then fold in the coconut and stir slowly or with a spatula. Put the mixture in a round baking tin and in the oven for 45 minutes. 
Stir together the yolks and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Add the melted chocolate and incorporate. Then the butter and stir until soft and shiny. Spread the frosting on the cake and serve. 


No comments:

Post a Comment